Tuesday 27 August 2013

Restoring Factory Settings

Over the weekend my phone went haywire. That's kiwi speak for bung.. or playing up. I took it my MacGyver Tarlini and he tried to work all the tricks he knew when he finally said those horrible words.



'I think you need to restore your factory settings.' 

So he got to the screen 'Factory data reset' and pressed the button, and everything was gone. 

Gone are the notes that I forgot to email myself. 

Gone are the secret phone numbers that were really Pin Numbers. 

Gone are the contacts that weren't saved to my SIM card.

And then there's the big one: Gone are all those Candy Crush lives that I've been saving up. Oh. The. Pain. 


I can think of plenty of other moments far suitable for restoring factory settings: 


Like this outfit: 

Or that time you got caught wagging at your friends house. There's those awkward teenage moments and those fabulous teenage moments that are hidden deeply in your journals. The ones you are still deciding whether or not to share with your teenager Actually now that I think about it more, I better fish that journal out and burn it dahahaha. 

There's the time you were stupid enough to give your mum the evils and your dad saw it. That would've saved you about 10 minutes off that can of whoop ass. 


But this isn't Men in Black. You are not Tommy Lee Jones and you most definitely not Will Smith. I guess it must be a generational thing. Back in the day you didn't just try and wipe everything from everyone's memory. You just waited for the excitement to fade, and someone else to be the next laughing stock. Thank the Lord Facebook, Instagram & Twitter weren't around when I was a teenager because that's a whole chapter of what you were thinking going on there!  

Live like there's nothing to be ashamed of - and if there is, make sure you make it right and learn from it. Then you get over it and move on - no need to restore any factory settings at all. 








No comments:

Post a Comment