Saturday 24 August 2013

Laughing At Myself

I enjoy having a good laugh at myself, so today I thought I'd share five of the funniest or embarrassing things that have happened to me. 


5. When I was 10 and at Intermediate School (part of Primary School here in Aussie and probably Middle School in the States) I went to sit on a chair and it fell apart from under me. I was only 10 and about 1/8th of my weight now.. so I don't think it was my weight.. but as a child left sitting on the ground because your chair broke, the only thing you could think about was there is something going on with your behind.


4. One day my neicey and I were going to work and we usually drove to the train station. We got out of the car and we started walking towards the train station and I looked down and realised that my pants were inside out. I held onto her and made her walk behind me till we got to the loo and I changed them. 

3. It was near Christmastime and my son was only about 3 years old. I had explained the Christmas story to him and he was suitably fascinated. We were sitting in the middle of church, it was dead quiet... and all you can hear is son going "Hey mum, Jesus was in jail aye?' .. Dead quiet. 


2. Last year in Brisbane CBD my friend and I had lunch and we were heading back to work. We went down the escalator and I noticed that the hem of my dress was getting a bit too close to the edge. It was too late. My dress got stuck in the escalator. I was frantically trying to get it unstuck when a guy came over and asked if he should press the emergency stop button. Just as he went to press the button, I managed to kick my dress out of that tight spot. That was too close a call. 


1. I was doing a happy walk on the way to work in Brisbane CBD. I had my Porirua Teeshirt on, my sunnies on and I was feeling pretty great.  As I was nearing my building my foot got caught in a crack in the footpath and I fell forward. As I was falling foward, the world went in slow motion and I could hear myself muttering 'nooooooooooo'. But I fell. My arms took the brunt of the impact .. .yeowwwchhh.. but as I lay on the footpath, on my stomach I looked up and saw a guy just looking at me, making no attempt to help! Jerk hahaha. I jumped up like a ninja and kept on walking. 


Oh I remembered, just recently I changed my notifications tone to the minions going "Bottom... hahahahahaha". I did a phone update recently and must've pressed the wrong button.  In the middle of the most important part of our church service... what happens? 


"Bottom... hahahahahaha". My Tarlini gave me the death stare, my children and all the children (and some of the adults) laughed around me. I stumble to turn the phone off and stared at the head of the person in front of me. There are moments when technology turns on you for sure!






Well, I hope you've had a good ab-workout... just remember: Laughing is better than crying dahahahaha. 









2 comments:

  1. So glad you're blogging again. Love your FB posts always and this is even more entertaining! x

    ReplyDelete