Saturday 7 September 2013

Why We Do What We Do

I'm exhausted. 

I've been sick for a few days now with a cold. I just spent most of the day at my youngest kids' school fete selling shoes, to help my eldest kid and our youth group fundraise for their youth conference next year. For the rest of the day, I took them to my brother's house for a swim. They swam and I slept while the family watched them. (Love my family). 

Life is pretty busy and getting sick is just something else to deal with, because you've just to keep moving or else you will miss out.

What will you miss out on? The priceless moments: First steps, first tooth fairy visit, first school performances, first time playing a musical instruments, first speaking assignment at church.

I am not a stay at home mum (SAHM). It is something that can be frowned upon, but it's something that I'm not ashamed of because at the moment, it is what's best for our family. To be honest, I am in awe of SAHMs. It is the hardest work in the universe. It is something that my Tarlini is way better at than I am, and I will freely admit it. But, because I am not a SAHM, it doesn't mean that I don't take my role as a mum very seriously. The Family: A Proclamation to the World confirms my duties: 


"Mothers are primarily responsible for the nurture of their children". 

And that's what I try to do. For the record, I am not a super mum either. I'm too tired for that nonsense dahahaha. 



I hope like me, they will look back on their childhoods and think about how awesome it was. They will thank their father for teaching them how to cook and clean properly, the importance of manners and honouring priesthood. They will remember how their mother taught them how to love the Lord, how she has a song for every moment, and how to see the funny side in every occasion. 

Life is exhausting and exhilarating. Sometimes it sucks and sometimes it's amazeballs. Sometimes I wrestle with my son and sometimes I let the girls do my nails or put make up on me even though I have zero interest in that girlie stuff. But that's life. 

For us it's pretty simple. There are three reasons why we do what we do. Our other heartbeats:  

Chelynne, Braedyn & Eliana. 











No comments:

Post a Comment