Thursday 5 September 2013

Election Schma-lecton

I'm not voting. I don't care about the fines. 

Actually, I can't vote because I'm a kiwi that arrived after 26 February 2001. We have been in Australia for 8 years and we are no closer to becoming citizens. The red tape is reee-donk-u-lous. If you can go through this website and figure it out, let me know. I've tried a lot of times. 

Our youngest daughter was born in Sydney and when she turns 10, she can become a citizen, but we cannot access the services she may need on her behalf because we are not citizens. 

We will help pay for the National Disability Insurance Scheme (NDIS) through our taxes, but we will not be able to access it because we're not Australian Citizens. 

At the moment we will have to pay for our eldest two children to go through Univesity here, or they will have to go home to study as they will not be able to access student loans. 

We add value to this country and are grateful for all it offers us. We will probably live the rest of our lives here but unless things change, we will never really feel 100% welcome here. 

There are a few groups that are pushing the cause like OzKiwi and I admire the hard work they do. My support is sharing statuses or signing their petition because that's all I can do right now. 

The reason I'm not intensely involved in pushing causes is some people go too far and get blinded by personal agendas. And then it gets sad. 

For now, I will continue to contribute to my community and carry on. Yes, it is frustraing and it is important to me, but not as important as making sure the children grow up to be extrordinary people and be whatever they dream to be. 

Plus, the youngest one can be Australian in a few years and can look after all of us dahahaha, oh and we are the world champions of both Union & League.. Cheeehooo!




All I ask is that who ever is elected, please be kind. Even just a little bit :). 








No comments:

Post a Comment