Monday 7 October 2013

Knowing Is Better

Over the past week or so I have been determined to be better. Better at home, church, work.. everywhere. Better at exercising and better at eating. 


The eating has been better than normal but it's something that I need to work on a bit more, but that's a whole new story.


The exerising has been great. I've stepped up and hit the gym every morning before work. Midweek I hit the treadmill and ran a few minutes non-stop (which is momumental for me). As it was happening, I could literally see my brain ticking over in slow motion as it registered - You can do this.  It changed everything! The next day I tried a bit longer and the next day longer still. 

Sometimes, getting out of my own way is the best thing I can do for myself. 

I was catching up with the member of our Bishopric that looks after Primary and remembered I needed a Temple Recommend interview. This is the first of two interviews to get a recommend so I can get into the LDS temple. It is a great time to reflect and check how I am doing spiritually. These interviews are held every two years and although you may need another interview within those two years, every time I prepare to go inside the temple, it's a good good to check if I still feel worthy to go. We are blessed to have local leaders who are so accessible and sacrifice so much for us all. I walk away from these interviews knowing that I need to work on things or that I need to continue doing what I'm doing or even more. 

At work, a milestone. My probation period is coming up and as I sat with my boss it was a great time to see how I am going there. Last time I had to do a probation interview over 3 years ago, it felt like I wrote a thesis on why I should be accepted by the firm. This time it was a short discussion and all went well. I am grateful for a boss that only lingers on things when necessary, and lets us get on with it. 

For me, knowing is better. I know where I am and what I need to do to get where I want to be. I would rather someone told me things need improving than being left in the dark. Some say they don't want to know when their kids are being naughty or something has gone haywire in relationships etc. 

I want to know. 

If you don't know, you can't make changes or help to make things better.  There are many times you can check yourself at the door for any area in your life. You may not like it but at least the decision is yours about what to do with the knowledge. 

And sometimes you will find that it takes a while for the brain to register, but
when it does it's amazing. Knowledge is power and wisdom is applying it. KAPOW! 



No comments:

Post a Comment