Wednesday 3 August 2011

It's All About Me (Yuss!)

My first journey into the kingdom of blogging has come about from being inspired at Time out for Women in Sydney, but lets start at the beginning shall we….

I am a wife, mother of three angels/demons (depending on the day), a daughter, sister, aunty.. and a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints (the LDS church) aka the Mormons.

So yes, I do believe in God and that He is perfect. I also believe that He has an incredible sense of humour and it is one of the traits I have been blessed with. I know this because of my ability to continuously laugh at my self, and others. Okay, mostly others.

Numbers 1 - 3
I am the mother of three full on children. I know they are full on because when I get home from work, my husband tells me all about it. Yes – I am a Mormon mum who has a full time job and my husband does the real hard yards and stays home with the children. I affectionately call him ‘the wife’ and for the record he is the best wife in the universe. Better than I ever was or will be.  This is how the Family Proclamation: A Proclamation To The World works for us. He is also INCREDIBLY shy, so this blog will be written with no names. He is hubby (or wife) and the kids are like what they are called at home – Numbers 1-3.



My parents are from Samoa and moved to New Zealand for the better life, where I was born and raised. We have kept the ball rolling and are now residing in Queensland, Australia. So, I am a NZ born Samoan living in Australia. Noice one Sheila.

I work for a Global Financial Services Provider (referred to as ‘the bank’) which will also remain anonymous because I am 100% sure that I will write something about ‘the bank’ which will result in a tap on the shoulder from my Manager.. and it’s not cool when he goes bright red and shakes his head because I know that I am in trouble. Again. Brutal honesty and the bank sometimes don’t go well together.


I am a passionate rugby supporter and LOVE LOVE LOVE my All Blacks. I’m looking forward to watching the World Cup later on this year. I have already warned my colleagues that if something goes horribly wrong (like we get food poisoning eating snails) and we do not win, I will need some time off to come to grips with this. Unfortunately, I am serious – lol.


I discovered an old poetry book of originals from a lifetime ago. That and TOFW has reignited a desire to write more often. 

So, that’s me. Hope that I will provide moments of contemplation, inspiration and plenty of laughs.  I can’t promise I will write daily, but I will definitely write at least once a week.

Feel free to comment – I can take it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment