Wednesday 9 July 2014

The Kinda Ice Challenge

So I was nominated to do the Ice Challenge by my neice Deja (it will take a long time to forgive you dahahaha).

Normally you would post a video.. but I watched the video and that aint going to happen. 



It all started out pretty well - I shouted out to my nominees. Pretty confident. 


Then I sat down, put my feet in the ice water and oh my Lordy! 


The first tub of ice water got poured.....




.... and this sound escaped my lips which I had never heard before. It was like I was in the Mardi Gras parade and someone stole my peacock feathers before showtime. Speaking of peacocks, all of a sudden, I became a bird. My arms started flapping like I was going to take off into full flight. 

I tried to shake it off. Walked around and went to sit down again. 

And then I couldn't breathe. Literally. 

My heart was going to rip out of my chest and bounce around the car port to keep warm. 

It was time for the second tub. And that sound again. 

And no breath again, a brain freeze, and a racy heart (not the good one)

Then the thought ran through my head about how people should check with their doctors before doing this stuff. Oh yeah, I'm one of those people. 

It was time to walk away. This is not the way for me to go to the heavens, and getting a hiding in heaven from your father is not one of my eternal goals. Really. 

My support crew just looked at me, time to grab the towel and move on.  So that's why it's the Kinda Ice Challenge. 




So basically, I would rather go through childbirth than do that again. Like, seriously. Legit (as my teen would say). 






So, we donated what we could to Help Lindsay Beat His Brain Tumour
and encourage you all to do the same. 

That's what this is all about. Cancer sucks and we have to do what we can to help the researchers do their thing and stop it. 

Lindsay, I hope it helps a little and that one day you will be telling your great-grandchildren about your courageous story face to face, here on earth. 

Much love to the Carter family and all those other families battling to save their loved ones. 

Amen. 


PS: For a good ab work out - Watch my favourite Ice Challenge video Here 






No comments:

Post a Comment